Want a head start on your project?
Click here to download a free copy of 100 Design Questions an Architect May Ask You. The more questions you can answer in advance, the smoother your project will go!
Request a Quote
Existing Conditions Phase
• What would you change about your existing house? • Floor plans, elevations + photographs of the existing house
Schematic Design Phase
• What are the primary goals of your project? • 2D design floor plans + elevations exploring client's wish list + inspiration • Project analysis (property constraints, zoning code + permit requirements, etc.)
Design Development Phase
• What will it take to accomplish the project goals efficiently? • 2D detailed drawings (sections, electric plans, interior elevations, etc.) • Specifications (windows + doors, finishes, etc.) • 2020 Residential Code of New York State compliance review
Construction Documents Phase
• What local + state code compliance requirements must be met? • Sealed drawings for building permit application • 2020 Energy Conservation Code of NYS compliance review + REScheck Energy Compliance Certificate
Optional Premium Design Services
• Would a 3D model help you visualize your project? • 3D models + renderings • Feasibility Study • Permit application filing • Presentations to potential investors • Property optimization consultation: site analysis, sun study, etc. • Presentations to Planning / Zoning / Architectural Review Board, etc. • Cost of Work budget by square foot cost estimate • Passive House design consultation • Revisions to sealed construction documents
Construction Phase Services
• Do you want an advocate to keep track of construction for you? • Contractor bid negotiation • Construction site visits • Contractor requests for information • Coordination with subcontractors
What People Say
Pleasant Valley Potential Client
Thanks for this detailed rundown - I really appreciate the clarity
and management of expectations regarding timing.